What`s available this weekend -
· Sunday 31st May (Pentecost). There will be 3 acts of worship via Zoom this coming Sunday. If you want to join them use the relevant email address for each to express your interest by 8.00pm on Saturday evening.
10.30am led by Revd Phil & Revd Marian Taylor and Father Gerard Kelly, the Catholic priest at Christchurch will be preaching email@example.com
10.30am led by Richard Hoyle firstname.lastname@example.org
11.00am led by Revd Mark Jason email@example.com
· Midweek Service There will be a midweek service on Wednesday 3rd June, at 11.30am, led by Kathryn Lamport. To join this service contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 9.00am on Wednesday morning.
· Wednesday 3rd June, 7.30pm a Bible Study on Zoom, looking at the Book of Ruth. This will take place each Wednesday evening in June. The first session will be led by Revd Phil Taylor. If you wish to join this group please contact Phil via email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 2nd June.
· District Sunday evening worship. Every Sunday at 7pm via Zoom, please contact email@example.com before 5pm on Sunday for more details.
· A school Worship led by Rev Phil & Rev Marian
Wider Methodist News
· The Well (the new Methodist learning hub on You Tube) has three webinars taking place in June.
Friday 5 June, 2.30pm – 4pm Supporting families
Thursday 18 June, 2.30pm – 4pm Covoid-19 and mental health
Tuesday 30 June, 2.30pm – 4pm What have we been through and what next?
· Worship during the pandemic Suggestions for worship opportunities and how to help others in worship can be found here, including service sheets to be printed at home. For those Methodists feeling the loss of communion, there is a short act of spiritual communion.
· Streamed services
A selection of streamed Methodist services are taking place online. The list of services, produced with current guidelines in place, can be found here.
· Official guidance
The closure of Methodist buildings is under constant review in line with government guidance. Full details can be found here.
In support of Church on the Street Ministries food bank we are appealing to church congregations and communities to bring food donations to local collection points. These collection points will be open weekly, from the week commencing 6/04/2020. Click Here for more information
St.Andrew's Methodist Church, Barnoldswick. Wednesday 10am -12pm
What`s New this week
Lancashire Archives have launched a project to collect and preserve the experiences of Lancashire residents during the Covid 19 pandemic.
They would like as many people as possible to be a part of this unique collection through their words, their images, even sound recordings. Anything and everything is welcome, diary entries, poems, photographs, posters, recordings, the choice is yours.
There is more information on their website at Lancashire Archives and the Covid 19 pandemic archive collection.
Contributors can send digital contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copy to Lancashire Archives, Bow Lane, Preston, PR1 2RE
Please include your name, age and where you live (not a full address, an area will be fine).
Please have a look at the below information of current Coronavirus Scams within Lancashire.
The Burnley and Pendle Methodist Circuit is made up of sixteen Methodist churches.
We are a lively, progressive, forward thinking circuit that is involved in many church and community events.
We hold Christ Jesus at the very heart of what we do.
Within the website are links to the circuit Churches and their events and our core beliefs.
We would like to invite you and your family along, make new friends and see what it's really like to be a Christian in the 21st Century!
For a copy of our latest Circuit events guide
please take a look at the Circuit Events page or
our Diary Dates page